Friday, August 8, 2014

Weather is Here, Wish You Were Great

Tomorrow is the 2014 Leadville Trail 100 mountain bike race.  This is the first time since 2011 I haven't been involved somehow.  On some level I am.  I'm still working on my book.  I'm dreaming about a triumphant return...maybe even next summer.  But for now I'm not part of that amazing event and I don't know how I feel about it.

I want to be there, but if you magically transported me there I wouldn't be prepared to ride.  My bike is still in pieces in the Bike Cave (I know Doug!) and my body isn't conditioned to suffer in such a specific way.  Though in the quiet spaces of my mind there are echoes that make me think mentally I am ready to go back on the spur of the moment and shine.

To all of the crew, staff, participants, their families, and the amazing supportive locals of Leadville, Colorado...

Have a great race tomorrow and DIG DEEP!


No comments:

Post a Comment