Friday, December 25, 2015

Santa Speed Friday: Seasonal Greetings



Well, Merry Christmas.  Hope you got everything you were fervently wishing for.  Hope you're reading this on a fangledy new smart device.  Well, not really.

Broke out the Christmas jorts when the mercury hit the upper sixties yesterday.  Wanted to crank the AC but was afraid it would dry out the faux tree.  I ended up doing some drainage work in the yard and sweated like a hog.  Though about cutting the danged gum tree that's going to fall on the house some day, but...it's Christmas!

Mandy and I finally tackled the catastrophe that was the basement (aka, the Bike Cave) on Wednesday.  That eliminated the bike maintenance barrier that had kept me out of the saddle for so long.  The X is still brakeless, but I dragged the Ute out, upped the PSI, and rode it to town to pick up Mandy's gift and get some pipe fittings.



Ran into Santa Claus at Ace.  He was wearing his Christmas jorts and complaining of having to run the AC in his sleigh two days deep into winter.

I had to go back to the hardware store on Christmas Eve.  I appreciated they were open but kinda wish they hadn't been.  It ended up being moot as I still have a leaky pipe.  Sigh.  However, I rode the Ute again.  My car hasn't moved since I got home from work Tuesday afternoon.

Mandy and I settled in for our long winter nap and immediately kicked off all the covers.  Then out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

It was just my cousin and her baby daddy having a knock down drag out tinsle-filled domestic disturbance.  Guess the full moon and the summer like temperatures bring out the best in us during the holidays.

Next time I'm calling the cops.

You should have heard the dogs going nuts when eight tiny white tails ran across the field in front of the house on Christmas Eve.  They acted worse than when we trim their nails.  Our mighty beagle/corgi mix the deer slayer...

Looking out  across the yard this winter morn' I could almost imagine a new fallen snow if only it had been about thirty degrees colder.  Instead we're worried about flash floods and the Bike Cave flooding.  It is not, and the SS(MT)B is up on the stand awaiting the bolting up of a bolt on wheel.  I also need to put on the rigid fork. I'm going uber retro on the Redline.

The other big news is that I now have a proper trad rack.  Santa brought me a full set of cams.  This is the first time ever that I have more than one new cam at a time.  The prospect of getting back on the rock again is exciting!  Too bad the monsoon season has directly corresponded with my imminent return to climbing.  And in the past new climbing gear at Christmas was accompanied by cold weather woes.  Its not too cold in 2015 just too soggy.



I'm thankful for a happy and healthy holiday with my family.  We have a roof over our heads and food to eat.  And we have each other.  In the end those are the things that matter.

I wish you the same, and a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Kooky Kwanza/etc, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment