Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Last Post...

...of 2015?

Maybe; maybe not.  It depends on what kind of trouble I get into with so many days off of work.  Dave and I had talked about doing some flagging on Powder Mill and there's always the traditional KYMBA New Year's Day ride at Laurel Lake.

I'm getting fat and sluggish so I need to be moving and bending.  I need to ride.  Running would be helpful.  And I have it on good authority that Santa is bringing me some shiny new climbing gear.  Rock climbing gear!  I have too much pre-season blubber to haul up the cliffs.  I need to slim down a ton or two.

I used to be cool. Maybe I can find the tattered shreds of my coolness and weave them into some kind of Mad Maxian garb to cruise the post-apocalyptic social landscape that I dwell in. 

If you don't hear from me until the early hours of 2016 do not be alarmed.  I'm just in a sugar coma or out testing new gear or finally riding the bikes I've neglected for so long.  The Sporty-Sport Bike went down in June and it's finally roadworthy again.  I'm such a slug.  The Cannonball is soooo close to be rolling again.  I'm going to dig out the xmascycle lights too.  Just for fun.

My amazing wife suggested we bike out to Indian Creek after the Xmas glut.  We will see, Dear Readers; we will see...

Also, I had promised Bean a backpacking trip.  If the tropical weather holds I will likely be incommunicado for a few hours out in the woods.  Or not.  When I took the boys I had great 4G service. 

So until next time: have a Merry Christmas and  a Happy New Year from the Chainring clan!

No comments:

Post a Comment