Thursday, March 3, 2016

Where in the World is Chainring?

It's been awhile.  I know that.  I keep trying to come up with some fluff to throw at you, Dear Readers.  It's been hard to take the time to gather up fluff.  I've been busy.

The Truth is that I've been working up a last minute presidential campaign.  I'm running third party: The Bike Party.  I've decided it's time to stop complaining about poor government and become part of the problem myself.  I will become known as The Bike Dictator.

There's really been a lot going on I could write about.  SB 80 is salmoning through the House.  Yesterday was a banner day for roadway crashes in Lexington (five major ones!), and I'm as fat as ever, but running and trying once again to ride.

Mountain bike trails are snaking out through the woods.  Tonight is the Judy Creek Trail project public meeting before the grant application submission.

Estill County has been illegally dumped on with nuclear waste.  Right next to the middle and high school.  Which both sit just over the hill from a huge coal wash facility.  Sooooo much Chainring Report fodder and so little time!


We've scheduled interviews at work for my replacement and soon I'll be moving into an exciting new position where I'll hopefully be able to make some real positive changes.

And through it all I just want to be able to ride my bike more without all the hassle.  And so I am advocating for the lifestyle that I may never get to enjoy in Kentucky.  I've tasted it in other places that I've visited and lived, but never in my home state. 

That is the quick and dirty update.  Hang in there; I have more stuff coming.  The Crash Test Librarian has inspired me to do a post on a topic he and I have discussed for a long time, but I've never been able to put into a publishable format.  I've got that post about 75% finished.  I just have to get 'round the horn and put some of my work to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment