Friday, August 5, 2016

Ramming Speed Friday: Top of the Boulevard Edition

I've finished editing my book Leadville or Bust.  I'd be happier if I'd been able to have a professional edit it and help me polish it up.  I'd have been ecstatic if I'd been able to get a publisher to pick it up.  Or of I'd had a clue which way to go to have any of that done.  I'm poor, and inexperienced, so this has ended up being a DIY book for me.

I'm okay with that.  The whole process of training for and racing in the Leadville Trail 100 was a DIY affair.  So the book continues in the spirit of my quest for a belt buckle.  

If I don't have the book 100% finished by my proclaimed release date of August 13, 2016 I will still begin actively promoting the book on that day.  At this point I'm really close.  I need to register ISBNs and upload the book.  The last nuts and bolts chore I have to complete is to put together my source citation for quotes and such.  I should have that done in the next couple of days.

Once I have the ISBNs I also intend to work on getting into print-on-demand. I really want to hold a physical copy of the book in my hand.  I have been able to see it in its nearly finished state on my Kindle.  That was deeply satisfying.

My first sales goal is to recoup my publishing costs which are minimal.  My next milestone will be to offset the total costs of my racing and travel expenses. Still need to calculate that.  Then I would like to be able to claim I made a profit on the book.  I don't need to be rich just profiting from my writing.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete